Obsolescence management might be a better decision for your power plant than purchasing brand new assets.
OEMs have coined the term “Obsolete” to promote newer versions of original equipment.
They also deem original equipment “obsolete” so they no longer have to produce the original equipment needed to properly maintain and continue updating technical knowledge to support their end-users.
Power plant owners have two ways to manage this situation – a) upgrade them with expensive new technology or b) maximize its use until true end of life. Upgrade requires significant capital investment to mitigate perceived threat of downtime and loss of revenue while scrapping perfectly working original equipment.
ST Power Services helps power plants manage their risk by enhancing the life and performance of the original equipment. Our approach is to conduct a realistic risk assessment and then replace or repair only critical components of the complete system.
We also provide a cost-effective solution for full and complete upgrade when it becomes necessary for reliable operation of power generating asset.
Critical Systems to Upgrade
- Turbine Control Systems
- BOP Control Systems
- Generator excitation system
- Generator & HV protection system, especially for NERC Compliance
- Economic and operational viability assessment
- Technical and commercial risk assessment
- ROI analysis
Technology Evaluation / Selection
- Technical specification
- System design description
- Supplier capabilities
- Performance measurement – Pre and Post upgrade
Engineering, Installation, and Commissioning
- System design review & approval
- Factory acceptance test
- Site installation and commissioning
- EHS and other regulatory compliance
- Project management